Been thinking about my previous posting.
What are the ten great ideas in Science that we don’t emphasise?
The average student remembers bugger-all about science, but if we were told there were ten things that a student had to remember, what would they be?
1. Kinetic Theory – Everything is made up of atoms and vibrate at temperatures above -273 degrees Celsius.
3. Global Warming
4. Each atom is 99.9999% empty, and so therefore all objects which appear solid are almost completely empty space.
5. Deep Time: The age of the universe, the age of the Earth, the age of first life, and the age of humans
6. Science does not offer Absolute Proof
7. Fundamental Attribution Theory: Humans are genetically hard-wired to apportion blame for our own mistakes to others while wishing to take the credit for achievements which are outside our control.
8. Quantum Theory
9. What Science doesn’t know
10. Mass Extinctions